Safe at SAFDF
SAFDF is dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable experience for everyone at SAFDF events. Participants are expected to comply with the rules below. SAFDF Safety Team members will enforce these rules at all SAFDF events.
To ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience at an SAFDF event, the following conduct is not permitted: discrimination or inappropriate behavior toward others related to gender, age, physical appearance, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, country of origin, religion, or physical or mental capability. This includes:
- Offensive or inappropriate verbal comments
- Display of offensive images
- Intimidation, stalking or following
- Objectionable photography or video recording
- Sustained or repeated disruption of an SAFDF event
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Probing questions about an individual’s personal life or habits
Attendance at an SAFDF event indicates your agreement to comply with this Code of Conduct. Participants asked to stop inappropriate behavior are expected to comply immediately.
SAFDF Safety Team members may take any action they deem appropriate in response to the above prohibited conduct, including counseling, warning, and expulsion from the SAFDF event without refund.
SAFDF Safety Team members are available to help participants contact local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the SAFDF event.
Participants are encouraged to contact an SAFDF Safety Team member if they notice that someone is behaving inappropriately or if they have any other concerns.
Being a good participant
- Do not offer unsolicited advice to others, either during teaching or while dancing.
- Exercise caution on the dance floor with yourself, your partner, and those around you to avoid injuries or the risk of harassing behavior.
- Practice good hygiene and dress appropriately.
- Please limit your use of fragrances to protect dancers with sensitivities.