SAFDF Technical Institute: September 12, 2020
SAFDF goes virtual with SAFDF Technical Institutes! These are a series of free one-day workshops and dance parties, using Zoom, to hone your folk-dance technical and teaching skills… and to have fun with people worldwide!
Our first Technical Institute is on Saturday, September 12, 2020, and features:
- Mihai David teaching Romanian dances
- Shirley Johnson playing live music for our dancing enjoyment
- A dance party featuring the most-beloved dances from many different folk dance groups (our villages!)
The schedule is as follows:
- 7:00-8:00 p.m. (Central time) — Dance workshop, teaching styling and technique with Mihai’s most-popular dances
- 8:00-???? (Central time) — Dance party, a non-stop night of dance! Click or tap here for the detailed schedule.
Our spirit looks and hopes on!
We missed all of you at SAFDF 2020! Unfortunately, COVID-19 took that away. But it will not ever take away our spirit. We always look ahead to a bright future where we can again share dancing, music, costumes, and camaraderie.
Right now, our biggest goal is to ensure that all of you stay healthy and safe. So we’re not planning any in-person events until the COVID-19 pandemic subsides. However, we are planning many exciting online festival events — year-round! Please continue to watch this site and your e-mail for announcements about these events.
And if you’re new to SAFDF … this site will show you the beauty of festivals past, and what we can all look forward to after we can be socially close again!
Donate to SAFDF and help keep it going!
You can help keep a wholesome, thriving tradition going!
With your generous financial support, SAFDF can continue to:
- Bring world-class teachers of ethnic dances to Central Texas for your dancing and educational enjoyment
- Produce a beautiful concert of folk dance performances enjoyed by thousands of San Antonians and visitors
- Nurture and invigorate the community of international folk dancers and friends in Central Texas
Donate using PayPal
Please choose or enter an amount below and click Donate. Thank you!